Obtaining social security disability benefits can be a long and difficult process. The social security administration reviews cases using a five-step sequential evaluation process. The steps are as followings:
- Are you engaged in substantial gainful activity? For more information, click here.
- Do you have a severe medical determinable physical or mental impairment that has lasted or is expected to last for 12 months or more?
- Does your impairment meet or equal a social security listing?
- Are you capable of performing past relevant work?
- Are you capable of performing other work?
Give our office a call for more detail on the sequential evaluation process and how your circumstances relate to these questions.